11th Congress (english)
The financial calamities in Europe and around the world continue unabated. The Eurozone struggles for survival and economic crime continues to rise. In this 11th year of the International Congress in Krakow we have stretched the boundaries in the search for professionalism, protection, competence and superiority in internal control, internal auditing, risk management, corporate governance and compliance, anti-fraud and anti-corruption techniques.
Format of the Congress
This year’s Congress will:
- Examine Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Governance and Compliance as tools for identifying and preventing Fraud and Corruption.
- Examine the relationship between internal controls, auditing and anti-fraud issues on the one hand, and risk management, governance and compliance requirements on the other.
- Feature the latest corporate governance requirements, in particular those relating to compliance and enterprise risk management.
- Encourages closer co-operation between the professions bringing each country’s standards into harmony with those of the European Union and international best practices.
- The Congress is a fortification of knowledge and experience in critical activities of our areas of interest and is a ‘must attend’ event for Polish and international professionals involved with these issues.
The Principal Speakers
Speakers from Poland and other countries, who are recognised experts in their field, will share their experiences and knowledge, inter alia:
- dr Józef Płoskonka – Advisor of President of the NIK.
- Dariusz Daniluk - Chairman of the Management Board of the National Economy Bank ( BGK).
- Eugeniusz Koncewoj - Member of IIC - Poland, consultant, coach PIKW.
- Prof. nadzw. dr hab. Artur Hołda – CracowUniversity of Economics.
- Ryszard Sołowiej – Audytor, Arbiter z listy Prezesa UZP 2004-2007, Trener, członek założyciel Ogólnopolskiego Stowarzyszenia Konsultantów Zamówień Publicznych.
- Magdalena Burda - Franklin University Columbus Ohio i WSB we Wrocławiu, Vice President of Wraclaw Investments Sp. z o.o.
- Piotr Błaszczeć- specialist in IT security, IT Auditor, a court expert in the IT fraud field.
- Dominika Mizielińska, Wojciech Wąsowicz - K&L Gates Jamka sp. k.
- Slavcho Zlatkov – Chief Internal Auditor - Ministry of Defence – Member of the Governing Board – Association for Counteraction to Economic Fraud, Bulgaria.
- prof. dr Miroslav Milojević - Institut za ekonomiku i finansije, (Institute for Economics & Finance) Belgrade, Serbia.
- Rodan Svoboda - Certified Internal Controls Auditor, Consulatnt & Trainer - Eurodan, s.r.o - CzechRepublic.
- Marian Skoda - Head of Risk management, Control and Internal Audit Stredoslovenská Energetika,a.s. (EDF Group), Slovakia.
United States of America
- W. Michael Kramer - International Consultant and Attorney, Washington DC.
- Juan Carlos Venegas - Accountant, Forensic Consultant, Counter Fraud Specialist and Fraud Examiner – Fiscal Accounts - Belfast & London.
- David Burrill - Burrill Green Corporate SecurityBusinessSchool - Former Deputy Director Intelligence Corps, and Chief of Staff Intelligence and Security Centre of the UK Armed.
- ForcesAllan McDonagh – Managing Director of Hibis EuropeBennett Arron – Comedian and writer.
- Darren Hodder - Director – Fraud Consulting Ltd.
- Andreas Koutoupis - Director, Head of Internal Audit Services at RPS Certified Public Accountants & Business Advisors SA. Greece.
Who should attend?
If you are a professional involved in any of the critical professions listed below, this is a ‘must attend’ event:
- Internal and External Auditors (accountants) and controllers
- Risk Management, Compliance and Corporate Governance officials
- Professionals with international organisations such as; TheIIC, IIA, ISACA, ACFE, ACCA, e.g.: CICA’s, CCS’, CIA’s. CISA’s, CFE’s etc.
- Members of Management and Supervisory Boards
- Members of Audit Committees
- Officers responsible for quality assurance in respect of Internal Audit
- Officials of External and a State Regulatory Authorities
- Officers responsible for implementing and/or monitoring Internal Controls
- Public Procurement Officials, Purchasing & Supply Chain Managers and Procurement Controllers
Important - CPE Credits:
The Congress is recognized as training by the Institute for Internal Controls - TheIIC and is allocated 12 credits. Please note, that the CPE credits earned through the TheIIC are NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) approved. So, any other organisations who are NASBA members (e.g. IIA, ISACA, ACFE, ACCA) will accept these credits.
The Congress is the prestigious Krakow University (Akademia Krakowska im. Andrzeja Frycza Modrzewskiego), ul. G. Herlinga-Grudzińskiego 1, 30-705 Krakow
A meeting of Members and Chapter Leaders of The Institute for Internal Controls (TheIIC) will take place at the end of the first day of the Congress. Entry to the meeting is free of charge and non-members are welcome.
Optional visits to Auschwitz Concentration camp and the famous Wieliczka salt mines can be arranged.