14th International Congress on Internal Control, Internal Audit, Fraud and Anti-Corruption Issues
Cracow, 24-25 September 2015
Tools and strategies for active defence
against malpractice, fraud and corruption
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are honored to invite you for the 14th International Congress on Internal Control, Internal Audit, Fraud and Anti-Corruption Issues.
The Congress has already 14th year tradition and it is still the only event of this nature in Poland. It makes it possible to discuss the most important changes and issues in specific fields and to obtain opinions of Polish and foreign experts.
The primary purpose of this cyclical, international event is to share experience and gather knowledge about problems, challenges and perspectives facing the members of the boards, supervisory authorities, auditors, internal controllers, professionals dealing with corporate risk management and the prevention and detection of frauds, corruption, governance and compliance.
The 14th Congress will take place again in one of the oldest universities in Poland - Cracow University of Economics.
The topics debated will include among others:
- Financial pitfalls in enterprise
- The processes of fighting against frauds
- Competence cheater in the organization - identification and reduction of personal risks
- New regulations and tools in fighting against fraud and corruption
- The new challenges for Internal Audit in a changing environment
- Organised tax crime, VAT extortion - fraud scheme, tools, measures and prevention techniques
- How can Internal Audit help divert, disrupt, deter, and detect serious organised crime?
- Why the wind blows wrong? The role of internal control in the energy company
- Cyber security vs. insider threat
- Whistleblowers in corporate culture
- Western models of anti-corruption protections in enterprises
- An Overview of the Cyber Essentials Scheme in the UK
- Preparatory proceedings - a form of control or prevention of organized crime
The lectures will be simultaneously interpreted into Polish or English
The Principal Speakers:
Hubert Banasiak - Director of Legal Service and Director of Operations and Central System Management Department in Totalizator Sportowy Sp. z o.o,
Michał Czuma - Board chairman consultant in PKO Leasing, previously Chairman of Antifraud Office in PKO BP Bank safety department, Deputy Director of Safety Office in Bank,
Olga Dyczkowska-Uss - Deputy Director of the Office of Control in PGE S.A. (Polish Energy Group) – Auditor, internal controller and risk manager with many years of experience,
George Georgiou - The Internal Auditor of the European Defence Agency, Belgium,
Gerie Gerritse - IT-Audit Manager engaged with EU-funds, cyber security and process mining, Holland,
Dariusz Gromadka - Expert witness in fields of: economic analysis of investments, computer forensics and telecommunications, tax expert, internal auditor,
Darren Hodder - Director - Fraud Consulting Ltd - United Kingdom,
Andrzej Jeżyński - Prosecutor - Head of Organized Crime and Corruption Department no. 5 - Public Prosecutor's Office of Appeal in Lublin,
Maria Kraszewska-Gwiżdż – Internal Auditor, Customs Chamber in Cracow.
Tomasz Kruk - Director Compliance (pharmaceutical sector), Switzerland,
Adam Kuczyński - Head of the Information Systems Audit in government agency, specialist in information systems audit and the Specialist in internal control,
Janusz Makarowski - Ministry of Finance,
Ewa Maszer - Coordinator of the investigation team of the Department for Combating Corruption - Metropolitan Police,
Gordon O'Connor - Internal Audit Manager and Serious Organised Crime Single Point of Contact for Falkirk Council, United Kingdom,
Renata Walterbach-Wywrocka - Control Team - Internal Audit Office,
Anna Wojciechowska-Nowak - Project Manager of "Support and protection of whistleblowers”, The Stefan Batory Foundation in Warsaw,
Mariola D. Wołoszyn - Psychologist, retired Police Officer, Expert in criminal psychology and forensics.
The Congress is addressed to:
- Presidents and Members of the Board
- Audit Directors
- Internal Control Directors
- Controllers and Internal Auditors
- Chartered Experts in Prevention and Detection of Economic Crimes
- Members of the Supervisory Authorities
- Financial Directors
- Risk Management Directors
- Financial Controllers
- People responsible for prevention and detection of economic crimes and malpractises
The organizers provide:
- Conference materials
- Simultaneous interpretation
- Formal banquet
The participation grants:
- 12 CPE credits NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy)
Participation in two days - Auditing 4 CPE, Specialized Knw and Apps 2 CPE, Communications 2 CPE, Business Law 2 CPE, Behavioral Ethics 2 CPE.
Participation in one day only 6 CPE credits - Auditing 2 CPE, Specialized Knw and Apps 1 CPE, Communications 1 CPE, Business Law 1 CPE, Behavioral Ethics 1 CPE.
Numer identyfikacyjny PIKW w Rejestrze CPE 129051
- 15 PUK credits (The National List of Professional Auditors and Internal Controllers)
Location of the Congress:
Rakowicka Street 27, Cracow
Agenda of the Congress:
Terms of participation:
The cost of Participation per person: €600 / $700 / GBP 450
Special rates can be negotiated for Public Sector Employees and Individuals in difficult circumstances e.g. students, unemployed, low income, etc.
Specific information about participation are contained in the application form.
The completed and signed application form should be sent to: email@example.com or by fax : + 48 22 620 94 36
For registration and other additional immediate information please contact PIKW:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: + 48 22 620 91 70
Mobile phone: + 48 533 350 533
The attendance fee includes: all Congress materials, lunches and refreshments, the cocktail reception and banquet, but excludes overnight accommodation.
The organizers will be pleased to assist with hotel bookings and a sight-seeing programme. Cracow is a historical city (former capital of the Kingdom of Poland) and it is the most associated city with Pope John Paul II.
Governor of Malopolska
National Chamber of Statutory Auditors
View the history of Congress: